INFORMATION ON COOKIES
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small text file that is stored by the computer when a user visits a website. The text stores information that the website is able to read on the user’s subsequent visits. Some of these cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of the website, while others are useful for the user as they can safely store data such as the username or language. The advantage of having cookies installed on your computer is that you no longer need to fill out the same information every time you view a website that you have previously visited.
Types of Cookies
This type of cookie ensures the correct functioning of particular sections of the website. These fall into two categories: persistent and session cookies:
- persistent cookies: once the browser is closed, these are not destroyed but stored up until a pre-established expiry date
- session cookies: these are destroyed every time the browser is closed
These cookies are sent from our domain and are required to view the website correctly and for the technical services offered. Therefore, they will always be used and sent unless the user changes his/her browser settings (in turn affecting how the webpages are viewed).
for sharing on some of the major social networks (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube). Whenever the user chooses to interact with plug-ins, i.e. accessing the website after logging in through his/her Facebook or Twitter account, some personal information may be acquired by the social network platform operators (such as the user’s visit to the website). The website does not have access to the data that is collected and processed independently by social network platform operators.
For further information about the logic and methods used to process data collected by social network, users are encouraged to read the privacy statements produced by the entities providing the services in question:
- Facebook http://www.facebook.com/policy.php
- Twitter http://twitter.com/privacy
These cookies are needed to create user profiles in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences shown by the user within the pages of the website.
In accordance with current legislation, YesTour is not required to seek consent for technical and analytics cookies, inasmuch as these cookies are required to provide the services requested.
For all other types of cookies, consent may be provided by the user in one or more of the following ways:
- Through specific configurations in the browser or related computer programs used to browse the website.
- By changing the settings for the use of third-party services
Both of these solutions may prevent the user from using or viewing parts of the website.
HOW DO I DISABLE COOKIES?
You can change your browser to disable cookies by following a very simple procedure. Please note: by disabling cookies, both the username and password will no longer be stored in the website’s login box.
- Open Firefox
- Press the „Alt“ key on the keyboard
- In the toolbar at the top of the browser, select „Tools“ and then „Options”
- Then select the „Privacy” tab
- Go to „History Settings“ and then „Use custom settings“. Uncheck „Accept cookies from sites“ and save preferences.
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click on „Tools“ and then „Internet Options”
- Select the „Privacy“ tab and move the slider to your chosen privacy level (upwards to block all cookies or downwards to allow all of them)
- Then click on OK
- Open Google Chrome
- Click on the „Tools” icon
- Select „Settings“ and then „Advanced settings“
- Select „Content settings” under „Privacy“
- In the „Cookies“ section, you can deselect cookies and save your preferences
- Open Safari
- Choose „Preferences“ in the toolbar, then select the „Security“ panel in the next dialogue box
- In the „Accept cookies“ section, you can specify if and when Safari should save cookies from websites. For more information click on the Help button (shown with a question mark)
- For further information about the cookies that are stored on your computer, click „Show cookies“
If your browser is not listed here, you can request more information by sending an email to email@example.com. We’ll provide you with the information you need for safe and anonymous browsing.