Trieste, Aquileia and Grado. Tour Bus. From the antique Rome to the gold island. A guided tour to discover the history, art and nature.
Aquileia, a precious treasure of art and history, one of the largest and richest cities in the Roman Empire, has been a UNESCO heritage site since 1998. A classic tour of Aquileia, the Patriarchal Basilica and the Archaeological Area. At Christmas there is the traditional and characteristic Christmas market. Grado, the Golden Island with Venetian features, embellished with a maze of islets that form its evocative lagoon. In Grado, Christmas is on the sea.
- Adults: 35 €
- Young (12-16 years): 25 €
- Family (2 Adults and 1 child): 58 €
- Family (2 Adults and 2 children): 100 €
- Family (2 Adults and 3 children): 112 €
- Gratis for children under 12 years old!!
Group Sale (min 5 adults): 32 € for adult with more than 5 tickets
The fee includes
- Bus A/R
- Guided tour/audioguide
- Entrance to the Church of Aquileia
- Reserved place in a 25-seat tourist bus
- Gratis Wifi
- USB Charger
The fee does not include
- Everything doesn’t mentioned in the voice “the fee includes”
- During the visits: silence and dead phones.
- Clothing: no shorts, sleeveless, low-cut or too-short dresses
- Are not allowed: food, drinks
- Animals: no animals. It is allowed access only to guide dogs for the visually impaired and visually impaired and to pets whose therapeutic support is certified (pet teraphy)
- Photo and Video: inside the Basilical Complex it is possible to photograph and shoot with a camera for amateur purposes, but without the use of a tripod.
Departure from Trieste at 9.00
- Aquileia, guided tour of the archaeological area, where you can see the excavations of the Roman forum, the river port, the late antiquity markets and an area of necropolis called “sepolcreto” (little tomb). Visit to the patriarchal church where the floor mosaic dating back to the 4th century AD is the largest in Europe. Admire the Crypt of the Frescos and Excavations, where you will discover the history of Christian Aquileia from the early centuries and the so-called Holy Sepulcher. Free lunch.
- Grado, Guided tour to discover the early Christian buildings of the Campo dei Patriarchi and the remains of the ancient Roman settlement. Visit the review of the Cribs in Grado, with over one hundred nativities scattered in every corner of the island and the floating crib inside a big house (typical lagoon house), above a moored barge in the middle of the Mandracchio. Walking along the Nazario Sauro promenade you will enjoy a splendid view of the Karst, Trieste and the Istrian coast.